DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTAION OF COMPUTERILIZED LIVESTOCK MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
This project is about the design and implement of a computerized livestock management information system which is meant to give information about livestock to the public and also alert them to known what they are meant for.
Taking a look at the animal husbandry, breeding, feeding and management of animal or livestock for the production of food, fibre work, and pleasure. Modern methods concentrated one type of animals products at the highest rate of return for investment. Intensive husbandry conditions include large numbers of animals in small lots, means and vaccination against disease. Most of the world’s domestic animals, however, are raised in small units under less efficient conditions and at lower rates of returns. Animal furnish more than one-fourth of the world’s total value of agricultural products. They supply a much higher proportion of human food in the developed countries than elsewhere. In the United States, animal products accounts for more than one-half of the total agricultural income.
Traditional husbandry practices are closely associated with the degree of control needed over the animals have multiple uses; for example, animals is kept primarily, for work also supply milk, meat and nothing materials. The animal, and their, uses, however, are closely associated with the culture and experience of the people who care for them.
In some regions of the world, cattle are not considered for use in the production of food. Studies have shown that the work power, fertilizers, milk and the fuel from dung that the cattle provide. In these regions are more efficient animal products than meats. Analysis of other cultural practices has often revealed unexpected efficiency of use fitted to local circumstances.
Environmental influences such as climate also play an important role in the domestication and use of animals. Water buffalo are use as draft animals to pull wagons and farm equipment in Southern Asia, where they are adapted to the high temperature and humidity, while horses, which thrive in moderate climates, were the principles draft animals in the temperature regions until they were replaced by treated cattle humid conditions are prevalent in the Southern United States because they are better adapted to the climates of the region than European cattle.
1.1 PROBLEM STATEMENT
A critical look has been taken and the effective feasibility study conducted and the step taken has been able to identify a number of problems that is affecting the effective development of animal in the world at large.
The problems which are discovered (during the feasibility study are as shown below:
- The ability to know the number of people that visits the company system daily.
- Inaccurate calculation due to the use of manual methods of doing it.
- Speed of communication and the number of stages in the communication chain.
- Feedback data on the measures used in the exercise are seldom. If ever perfect.
1.2 AIMS/ OBJECTIVES
The aims and objective of this proposal are as follows:
- To give information on livestock to the public
- Increase the production of livestock in the economy
- System that will operate accurately well without error
- System that will eliminate the use of too much paper.
- System that will increase the functionality of livestock business without incurring too much cost on the management.
The purpose of the study is to design a web based platform through which people can go and get information about livestock and also have access to contributed to the development of livestock.
This project is very important in the sense that it will give that large public awareness about what livestock is all about and also given them access to the statistics of passed events on livestock activities.
1.5 SCOPE / DELIMITATION
The scope of this project is to design a user friendly interface where all the people around that area and outside the area can have useful information about livestock management and also embark on livestock management.
1.6 CONSTRAINI / LIMITATION
Despite the dedicated nature of designing the project, there has always been one thing or the other that tend to affect the proper implementation of this project. Some of these limitations are as stated below:
- The executives of the body are to hard in the sense that, they are not willing to give out information that will assist the successful implementation of this project.
- The conversion of data into mathematical values for computations.
- Too much money was spent on transportation to the case study.