TREND IN THE USE OF HUMAN MODELS IN THE NIGERIA ADVERTISING INDUSTRY
This research focused on Trends in the use of Human Model in the Nigeria Advertising Industry. This study consists five chapters, the first chapter cover and introduction of study. The research problem, objectives of the study, formulation of hypotheses, the significance, the limitations and the scope of the study was also tested in this chapter.
Chapter two described the theoretical framework and related literature review. In chapter three, Research methodology was covered while chapter four dealt with Analysis and presentation of Data Besides Hypothesis Testing. The summary, conclusion and Recommendations for further study were made in chapter five.
The research is carried out through the method of survey research. The empirical aspect of the work is carried out using information obtained from both sample of consumers age groups and five advertising agencies in Enugu and Lagos they use model in advertising products or services.
The core of this study is to analyse the effectiveness of using models in advertising and its ethical implications.
Based on these, three hypotheses were formulated.
1. H: Modeling is a very effective advertising strategy in Nigeria
NH: Modeling is not an effective advertising strategy in Nigeria.
2. H: Models used in advertising is seen as ethical by Nigerians.
NH: Models used in advertising is seen as unethical by Nigerians.
3. H: Models influence prospective buyers on the purchase of products.
4. Television and bill-boards are the best among the models.
5. Television is the best vehicle to use models in advertising.
Based on the above findings, some recommendations made are
1. Advertising agencies should incorporate modeling service on their organization so that such models used could be specifically, and efficiently trained for the specific product to suit the marketing objection
2. Greater emphasis should be made on the use of local models in advertising product especially cigarette.
3. Since modeling has been found to be effective as advertising strategy, efforts should be made to increase the rate paid to models in order to encourage people to go into professional modeling schools to train the young ones is recommended.
4. It has been found that use of models in cigarette advert significantly affect consumers below twenty years, therefore, efforts should be made to restrict cigarette advert to such programmes which will not attract the ago groups below twenty, since they are more influenced by the models used in cigarette advertisement.