CONSTRUCTION OF PAVING STONES AND ITS INSTALLATION AT THE FRONT OF FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
Interlocking brick design is the definition of beauty and class for driveways, patios, decks, and paths Interlocking bricks and screeding construction can be divided into four ways
1. Casting of paving stones
2. Installation of interlocking brick in the car parts
1. Casting of interlocking blocks: This deal with casting of interlocking bricks in the mix of cement with all in all aggregate of 1:8 respectively using casting plastics and oil for robbing the internal surface.
2. Installation of interlocking bricks in to the car park: The interlocking bricks will be installed by performing the following steps:
(a) Planning of installation (b) Excavation
(c) Preparing the base (d) brick hold placement
(e) Sand bed (f) Pavers placement
(g) Cutting the pavers (h) Completing the edging
(i) Finishing the step
3. Screeding is the application of concrete on the surface floor and usually in mix of 4:1 sand and cement respectively.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Interlocking brick as a paver can be defined as environment design. Before interlocking brick can be install as a paver a wide experience of these courses must have been acquired, he or she must understand the basic knowledge that rule up interlocking brick design such as
- Geology of soil mechanics
- Engineering and technical drawing
(iii) Construction material
(iv) Research methodology
(v) Science and properties of materials
All the above listed courses are referred to as the principle of background of the study before embarking on any construction project on construction of interlocking bricks
1.2 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Over 2000 years ago, the Roman tightly stones together over an aggregate base to form roads to perfectly fitted that many are still use today. The concept is behind the intervention of the concrete interlocking pavers. Developed in Europe after World war to replace the clay brick that was used to build roads, concrete stones of irregular size that fit tightly together are now a popular choice for patios and sidewalks
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The aims and objective of the research areas follows:
(i) To know how to install an interlocking brick an its Casting.
(ii) To have a wide knowledge about floor screeding.
(iii) To have a perfect experience in concrete mixing
(iv) To know much more about environmental design
(v) To use the front of faculty of Engineering as a research centre
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What are paving stones?
2. How to produce a paving stones?
3. Different types of productions of paving stones?
4. Different forms of paving stones?
5. Properties of paving stones?
5. Techniques of paving stones?
6. How to install a paving stones?
1.5 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Paving stone design has really helps in pavement design, and generally sounds to beauty of some specialized area in surface design such as drive way, pools, patios, e.t.c. but still affected by some areas which is not perfectly monitored, the constructing project was limited with the following things.
- Poor project manager
- Incompetent Engineers or builders
- Insufficient and imperfect research work (iv)Limited equipment (v) Lack of discipline